Trish Mohr, Fourth Grade
How long have you been teaching?
- “Since 1980.”
Describe your teaching style in only three words.
- “Collaborative, Communicative, and Caring.”
What is your favorite thing about your job at HFSM School?
- “I appreciate the family support structure.”
If there is one thing you could say to parents who are considering HFSM school, what would you say? – “Thank you for taking time to look at what could be the single most effective method for your child to become a self-regulated, caring, and contributing member of any community. It starts right at Holy Family-St. Mary’s School.”
What drives you to achieve great results in your classroom and how do you get it right?
- “I bring my whole self to my classroom. I think it’s a matter of building resilience: to adapt to the moment and to provide challenges in a healthy way. I like to believe that I teach children with compassion, where opportunity is available for children to make choices and to seek solutions using both their heads and their hearts. It’s all about connections.”
What do you do for fun?
- “I teach! I also love following Twins baseball, cheering on local teams in all sports, caring for my friend’s horse named Greta, biking, walking my dog Sunny, traveling, fishing, spending time with my family and my friends.”
If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
- “Marvelous Mohr!”
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?
- “Celebrating acts of kindness. I love doing things for others because it’s what makes me happiest.”