Sara Loberg, Third Grade
How long have you been teaching?
- “This is my 25th year as a teacher and my third year at HFSM.”
Describe your teaching style in only three words.
- “Calm, empathetic, effective.”
What is your favorite thing about your job at HFSM School?
- “I love being a part of the family within HFSM School. I love the fact that this family setting within the walls of our school allows all students to know each other and allows the staff to know all the students. This gives the students an advantage because there are so many people encouraging, helping and observing their growth, faith and accomplishments at HFSM.”
If there is one thing you could say to parents who are considering HFSM school, what would you say?
- “I would like to invite parents to visit HFSM and see all the wonderful learning opportunities for students in our school. Our staff is welcoming to all students as all students are important to us.”
What drives you to achieve great results in your classroom and how do you get it right?
- “I get to know my students, their learning styles, interests and individual goals. I thrive on helping all students have success in my classroom. Together in our classroom we make this happen, by working as a team in a caring environment. All this happens by making sure every student feels safe, cared for and comfortable taking risks within their learning.”
What do you do for fun?
- “I love to spend time with family and friends. I read, walk, play piano, watch sports (especially UND hockey)! I write, knit and love to create! I enjoy being near the water and/or the mountains. I love to travel, especially to Utah to visit my son and his family. (I'll be a grandma in August!)”
If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
- “’I Wonder’ Woman!: Guiding students to imagine, inquire and succeed!”
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?
- “Relax, get away for a weekend spend time with good friends, good food, much laughter and dessert!”