Kristi Nupdal, Fifth Grade
How long have you been teaching?
- “I began teaching at HFSM in 1984 as a first grade teacher along with doing primary physical education. After two years, I moved up to second grade until the year 2008 when I made one more switch to teaching fifth grade.”
Describe your teaching style in only three words.
- “Engaging, Inspiring, Dedicated”
What is your favorite thing about your job at HFSM School?
- “One of my favorite things about teaching at HFSM is not only the close relationship that we have with each student, but also the very strong bond that we form with their whole family. We are all one big family, a part of our school community, working together to make a difference in each student’s life.”
If there is one thing you could say to parents who are considering HFSM school, what would you say?
- “Holy Family-St. Mary’s School provides an outstanding academic program going above and beyond the state requirements by providing our many enhancement programs: art, band, computers, Spanish, etc. However, and more importantly, we will help each individual deepen their faith commitment while developing a strong, personal relationship with the Lord.”
What drives you to achieve great results in your classroom and how do you get it right?
- “In my classroom I am driven in my desire to help each student achieve their greatest potential. I do this by getting to know each student as an individual, and then in turn I try to help them see themselves as being an important piece in making our class, community, nation and world a better place.”
What do you do for fun?
- “I love spending time with my granddaughter, Emerson Grace, fishing at the lake, reading, and spending time with my family and friends.”
If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
- “Super Nuper!”
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?
- “When I want to indulge myself in a treat, I usually make a big bowl of buttered popcorn, curl up with a blanket on the couch, and watch old movies or read a book!”