Kalli Hanson, First Grade
How long have you been teaching?
- “This is my second year of teaching at HFSM!"
Describe your teaching style in only three words.
- “Reflective, flexible, and compassionate.”
What is your favorite thing about your job at HFSM School?
- “My favorite thing about HFSM School is how welcoming, friendly, and encouraging everybody is.”
If there is one thing you could say to parents who are considering HFSM school, what would you say?
- “Personally having received a Catholic education while growing up, I would tell parents that an education at HFSM School would shape their child into an individual who will thrive in the community, and in their everyday life because they are formed academically, spiritually, and emotionally.”
What drives you to achieve great results in your classroom and how do you get it right?
- “I am driven to achieve great results in my classroom by building a positive relationship with each student. By building positive relationships, I am able to understand the learning style of each student, their strengths and weaknesses, as well as their interests. I get this right by creating lessons that offer a variety of learning opportunities for students, all while taking risks, growing, discovering, and learning from one another."
What do you do for fun?
- “I enjoy being with family and friends. I also love watching Minnesota Twins baseball, attending UND hockey games, going to the lake, and taking my dogs for walks."
If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
- “The Incredible Hanson!"
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?
- “My favorite way to treat myself is by going and getting a coffee and getting a pedicure."