Amanda Carter, Second Grade
How long have you been teaching?
- “Thirteen years.”
Describe your teaching style in only three words.
- “Cooperative, innovative, and technology-driven.”
What is your favorite thing about your job at HFSM School?
- “My favorite thing about the school is the combination of our Catholic beliefs with the family setting we have. We care for one another, pray for one another as well as the rest of the world, and ensure the best in one another. These two things truly separate ourselves from other schools and ensure the best for each child.”
If there is one thing you could say to parents who are considering HFSM school, what would you say?
- “I would tell them that this school is different in many others because we promote and teach leadership, positive social skills, and communication skills through both religion and general studies that will help them both today and in their future. Our students are strong willed, motivated, and ready for the future.”
What drives you to achieve great results in your classroom and how do you get it right?
- “I am constantly looking at new and innovative teaching styles and strategies to add to my current teaching practices. I also look at where my students go wrong individually to ensure they understand the concepts as well as work in small groups to target specific strategies for instruction. We also create new individual goals each quarter to work on to grow ourselves academically, socially, and personally. I want my students to be and feel successful and I will to what I can to make that happen for them!”
What do you do for fun?
- “My favorite thing to do for fun is to go to my favorite place in the world: my lake. I would love to sit out in the sun and read a book as well as sit by the campfire and look at the stars and moon’s reflection on the water.”
If you were a superhero, what would your name be?
- “Carter the Innovator.”
What’s your favorite way to treat yourself?
- “Drinking a white chocolate mocha coffee and getting a pedicure!”